Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Another quilt top....




....has been completed!  I am going to call it, Summertime Porch Quilt.  Now off to the quilter it will go.


I achieved the look I was going for.....a farm house utility type quilt.  Going back to my roots.  I can just see this draped over a porch swing.


All this needs now is the quilting, which always brings out the best in a quilt.


When I taught up in Midway last week, several of the ladies were busily working on their projects.  There is nothing quite so satisfying as being part of an open sew with you friends.
Here my friend, sweet Emily is showing the quilt top she had just finished.  I just adore this young lady.


Paula was working on her Steam Punk quilt.  Everyone of these quilts I've seen completed have been amazing.


The gal who was working on this, cut out the quilt last year, and this year was determined to finish it.


This block made by Gail, makes my heart sing!  I love the shade of mustard yellow and the stripe in the small blocks. I will be going back up there again this week to teach at a second retreat.

"Everything changes the hour you realize there are exactly enough minutes for the important things in life." Ben Behunin  



4 comments:

  1. I just love your new quilt - vi see it as you do 😊 Norma when will this pattern be available! I see it in spring greens and yellows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh I LOVE your quilt! The design, the colours...it's perfect! Emily's quilt is also so pretty...I really need to get back to my machine lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say
    that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very
    soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she
    can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has
    83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had
    to share it with someone!

    ReplyDelete