Monday, August 29, 2016

My Quilting Legacy....




The book which Quilt Mania published of my designs arrived to me in the mail this week end.  I must say it is quite a thrill seeing my designs so beautifully presented in the very lovely book.  When I read the dedication, I realized I needed to include many other names......all of you who read my blog and have sent me such kind and inspiring comments, you have helped to create this beautiful book.  It is by your kindness that I have been inspired to create and design.  I'm sending out a gigantic thank you to all of you! :-)


There are little quotes throughout the book.....I will share a few.  Quilts connect the past with the present and the future.  Thus our quilting helps in creating our legacy.


Even the inside covers are lovely! Every quilter has a masterpiece within.  May angels watch over thee.


Kindness matters.  This design is found in Garden Whimsy which is included in the book.  Quilting is sharing of yourself with others.


The back cover....and another design from Garden Whimsy...In everything give thanks.  What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.


And....the new pillow I made this past week...Be Ye Thankful.  The label on the back reads, "Thou that hast given so much to me, give one thing more - a grateful heart."  - George Herbert
Friendship is sewn and measured by kindness.



18 comments:

  1. Will it be available for purchase on your site? Looks like a very inspirational book! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It looks like a beautiful book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great book I will have to start looking for it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, a new book. This is sooo exciting. Congratulations Norma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations...I went over to Quiltmania and had a peek! Your new book absolutely beautiful! How thrilling for you (and for us!!) You must be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful book. How very exciting for you!
    I love the gentle thoughts you have shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have your book tagged at the Fat Quarter Shop for when it is released they will let me know. I'm SURE I will LOVE every page of it! Thank you for creating this for us! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your beautiful book! Just from the little peeks, I can see it's wonderful. I'm adding it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely book... congratulations 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice, Norma. congratulations! i see you will be in Cave Creek in October. will head over to Olde World Quilt Shoppe to sign up for your class.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Norma, so happy for you and your new book. Always love your quilts and you wonderful style. Can't wait to get my own copy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful book, can't wait to own it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Beautiful book! Your designs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting for you Norma - it looks like a beautiful book! Sure hope I can find it locally!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo, beautiful! Congratulations. I can't wait to add it to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just the perks you have shown brought tears to my eyes! The designs and quotes are so beautiful and humbling. You have one of the biggest hearts for others. Cannot wait for mine to arrive.

    ReplyDelete